Do you know where your dollar goes?
When you purchase a woven wrap from Poe, your dollar is supporting the following:
- Poe Wovens (formerly Poésie Tissée) of Bridport, Vermont. A female-veteran owned small business and her fellow Vermont mommy employees, together parenting a total of 9 children!
- Eagle Eye Printing of Bridport, Vermont. A small town printing company two miles from Poe HQ, owned and operated by a husband and wife team, where we have all of our paper products printed on at least 50% post consumer recycled paper.
- Vermont Bosna Cutting, of Winooski Vermont. A family owned and operated cutting and sewing business with a rich history in the local community.
- The Fabric Orchard, of New Haven, Vermont. A woman owned company offering specialty quilting fabric and custom sewing and quilting.
- Sugar Tree Maple Farm, of Williston, Vermont. A Vermont Maple Syrup operation and family farm, practicing sustainable forestry, helping to preserve Vermont's beautiful heritage.
- Classic Stitching, of Vergennes, Vermont. A small, independent, locally owned stitching and embroidery business.
- Hemp Power Bags, of Jacksonville, Vermont. A woman owned company manufacturing all of their products using 100% hemp canvas and hemp blends.
- The United States textile industry as a whole, fighting to stay relevant and struggling to stay competitive in today's economy, where businesses are often forced to choose an overseas alternative for their textile needs due to slimmed-down budgets.
And at the close of the year, every year, we plan to donate 10% of net profits to various charities. For all of these reasons and more, we are proud to be members of Vermont Businesses for Social Responsibility, whose mission it is to:
"...to foster a business ethic in Vermont that recognizes the opportunity and responsibility of the business community to set a high standard for protecting the natural, human, and economic environments of our citizens."
Leave a comment