You are worth it! Share your passion and see it grow: Babywearing training honoring who you are, where you are, and where you want to go. Our course will give you the skills and support you need to help you start your amazing journey.
I had the pleasure of attending this course in January of 2014, it was fabulous experience and I received invaluable training, (and had tons of fun!)
Join us for a Babywearing Consultant Certification Course hosted by Nova Natural Toys and Crafts, and Good Beginnings of Central VT Joanna McNeilly from the Center for Babywearing Studies is coming to Montpelier, VT for a 30-hour babywearing consultant certification course from May 11-14th. The class will be held at Good Beginnings of Central Vermont.
Contact Marissa of Nova Naturals for more information: email@example.com
For doulas, childbirth educators, midwives, lactation professionals, nurses, doctors, massage therapists, yoga instructors, occupational therapists, chiropractors, babywearing enthusiasts....and you!
This course will prepare the participant to be able to:
• move away from seeing the carrier as just another product and focusing on the practice of babywearing.
• understand the history, current application of use, best methods of teaching, the common errors and questions regarding carrier use.
• see how baby carriers can be used to help facilitate Kangaroo care, breastfeeding, secure attachment, as well as the mental and physical development of the baby. • incorporate this new knowledge into their current practice or begin a new practice.
A few nitty gritty details:
• This class has pre-work that will need to be read in advance of the first day.
• This class has home-work scheduled for each night of the training.
• This class has scheduled breaks so you may plan for nursing and child interactions if needed.
• We reserve the right to cancel the class up to 10 days in advance, full refunds if we cancel.
• We understand that things come up and that you may need to cancel. If you cancel 2 weeks in advance of class you will get a full refund minus a $25. processing fee. No cancelations with in 2 weeks of class, but you may transfer your seat to someone else. There will be a $25 processing fee.
• if you need an accommodation based on the impact of a disability, you should contact us to schedule a conversation as soon as possible. During the conversation we can discuss the course format, anticipate your needs and explore potential accommodations.
About the Instructor, Joanna McNeilly
Joanna is mom to two fabulous kids and has been involved in the NY area babywearing scene since 2004. Through her work at Metro Minis (2008-2011) and her personal consultations over the years, Joanna has extensive experience working with new parents. This mass hands-on experience provides Joanna with an in-depth understanding of the true needs of both parents and those consultants who are working with them. She recently returned from the United States Institute of Kangaroo Care’s Annual Conference where she became a Certified Kangaroo Care Specialist.
*This program has been approved by Lamaze International for 23.5 Lamaze contact hour (LIN 13-10). This hour may be applied towards recertification as an LCCE educator under the learning competency of 2, 3, and 4.